Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Celebrating my 8th Wedding Anniversary

8 years ago today, July 20, 2002, I married my high-school sweetheart, Josh in Jackson, Tennessee. I always love pulling out my wedding album and "reliving" that amazing day!
I thought I'd share a few pictures with you all and a few memories from my wedding day.

All images were taken by Hill Photography in Jackson, Tennessee. Eddie and Connie are a very talented husband/wife photographic team.  Although they no longer do weddings, they continue to do family and children portraits.


My sister, Mary, and I as I enter the church to get ready.  

Josh as he prepares to enter the church to get ready for our wedding.


My elementary school art teacher did all the signs for my wedding wreaths.  These flanked both church doors.


My "something old" was a button from my deceased grandfather's  business suit.  We had my grand-daddy's button sewn into the fabric on my wedding bouquet.

I had all of my bridesmaids sign the bottom of my wedding shoes.  On one side were all the single ladies, and the other shoe had all the married ladies.  At the end of the night, we checked to see whose name was left!  If you were single and your name was still on my shoe, you were the next to get engaged.  If your were married and your name was left, then you were the next to have a baby!


I designed my wedding programs.  I love to write, so I included a brief paragraph about all the members of my wedding party and how I met them.  I thought it would be fun for my guests to read why my wedding party was so special to me.
I incorporated a ton of family photos at my reception.  I had family wedding photos, family wedding invitations and pictures of Josh and I.  I love incorporating old family photos into weddings!

A few shots of Josh and I on our wedding day!





I hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse into my wedding day!  I can't believe it's been eight years, and I look forward to so many more!
~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment