Day 3 of CMT Awards Inspired Weddings features Hillary from Lady Antebellum. I have to say that Hillary is a stunning girl and has a voice to match. I thought she looked amazing on the blue carpet and her dress really rocked!
Based on her black dress, I designed a black and yellow wedding. That color combination is becoming more and more popular for both parties and weddings.
Ways to Incorporate Black and Yellow into your wedding:
- Have your cake designer use a rich buttercream in various shades of yellow to give it that wonderful hue
- Using Amy Atlas as your inspiration, design a dessert bar for your reception in black and yellow
- Use a beautiful black and white damask linen for your reception tables and incorporate yellow into your floral centerpieces.
- Here is Martha Stewart's advice on creating vivid yellow mixes for your bouquet:
- "Glorious with bright blooms, this bride's bouquet has a hint of fluttery movement. The splendid combination of miniature daffodils, crocus, and oncidium orchids feels as cheerful as a summer day. A collection of miniature roses is laced with primula to form an arrangement for a bridesmaid. Golden ribbons complete the sunny ensembles."
- Use a beautiful marigold sash to accent your wedding dress. A simple touch such as this can go a long way in tying together your wedding!
- Find a fun save-the-date in your wedding's signature colors, such as this one by Crane and Company
A Sunny Wedding: Yellow Dresses and Bouquets
A Sunny Wedding: Martha Stewart Weddings